The needs of the aging are as numerous as they are dynamic in nature. The East Baton Rouge Council on Aging is always in need and appreciative of the following items:
- Nutritional shakes/meal replacements (i.e. Ensure, Myoplex, etc.)
- Meals ready to eat (MREs)/shelf-stable food
- Cleaning supplies
- Adult diapers
- Fans/window unit air conditioners (see below for more info)
- Heaters/blankets (see below for more info)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Other accessibility resources/devices (toilet seats, handicapped rails, etc.)
Box Fans and Air Conditioners (Summer)
the sweltering summer months, seniors rely on the simple relief
provided provided by a box fan or even the often-life-saving air
conditioning provided from a small window unit. The EBRCOA is currently
accepting donated box fans and air conditioners as well as monetary
donations (to purchase box fans and air conditioning units).
Blankets and Heaters (Winter)
the colder months, many seniors depend on space heaters and blankets to
ensure their warmth and personal comfort. The EBRCOA is currently
accepting donated blankets and heaters as well as monetary donations (to
purchase blankets and heaters).
Any and all donated items may be dropped off at 5790 Florida Boulevard, Monday through Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Monetary donations may be made online (via Paypal) by clicking the "Donate" button above.
We thank you for your help in "Supporting Independence -- Serving Seniors."