Information & Assistance
Trained Care Managers are available to answer questions, provide a thorough assessment of needs, make appropriate recommendations for suitable services, as well as refer individuals to other EBRCOA-affiliated services in addition to other community partners.
- Comprehensive assessments (in-home/on-site)
- Medicaid applications
- Distribution of donated medical supplies/equipment (when available)
- Care Management
- Utility bill assistance (electricity) – Entergy
- Assistance with legal concerns through Legal Services
- Seasonal distribution of fans, blankets, heaters
- Insurance counseling through Senior Health Insurance
- Information Program (SHIIP)
Elderly Protective Services:
The Governor’s Office of Elderly Affairs serves as a focal point for Louisiana’s senior citizens and administers a broad range of home and community based services through a network of Area Agencies on Aging.
Utility Bill Assistance (Entergy’s Power to Care)
The EBRCOA provides assistance to seniors who may need help paying their electricity.
Power to Care is an emergency utility assistance program. To apply, the BILL MUST BE IN THE CLIENT’S NAME.
The client must also be at least 60 years of age or disabled.
Documents to bring include:
- Most current light bill
- Proof of Income
- All household bills.
To schedule an appointment for Power to Care, please call 225.923.8000, ext. 202