The needs of the aging are as numerous as they are dynamic in nature. The East Baton Rouge Council on Aging is always in need and appreciative of the following items:
- Nutritional shakes/meal replacements (i.e. Ensure, Myoplex, etc.)
- Meals ready to eat (MREs)/shelf-stable food
- Cleaning supplies
- Adult diapers
- Fans/window unit air conditioners (see below for more info)
- Heaters/blankets (see below for more info)
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Other accessibility resources/devices (toilet seats, handicapped rails, etc.)
Box Fans and Air Conditioners (Summer)
During the sweltering summer months, seniors rely on the simple relief provided provided by a box fan or even the often-life-saving air conditioning provided from a small window unit. The EBRCOA is currently accepting donated box fans and air conditioners as well as monetary donations (to purchase box fans and air conditioning units).
Blankets and Heaters (Winter)
During the colder months, many seniors depend on space heaters and blankets to ensure their warmth and personal comfort. The EBRCOA is currently accepting donated blankets and heaters as well as monetary donations (to purchase blankets and heaters).